Below you will find links to useful information. They will be organized into two groups: Resources of our DB-Fishbowl Members and Other Resources. They will appear alphabetically within each group. If a particular DB-Fishbowl member has more than one resource they will be listed under that members name.
Resources of our DB-Fishbowl Members
- "Tips on How to Communicate and Comply Effectively with a Deaf-Blind Person" http://db-fishbowl.com/tips-communicate-with-deaf-blind
Jeri's House: "Empowering DeafBlind Individuals to reach their highest potential."
Web link https://jerishouse.org/
Each person is different and unique and God has a beautiful plan specifically for each person. Jeri’s House is a place where people who are DeafBlind can come and learn how to be independent, learn Braille and signs, advocacy, hobbies, and be comfortable working through their adjustments of being DeafBlind. Jeri’s House promotes empowerment and encouragement for each individual to reach their highest potential.
- Transcript of Ruth Silver's Legacy Celebration
- web link: http://db-fishbowl.com/transcript-RS-legacy
Hadley Institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Web link https://www.hadley.edu
"Brailling Signs is Cool to Do" song by Becky Williams and Linn Sorge
(parody on "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" 1962, Neil Sedaka)
For lyrics and "How Did This Song Come Into Being? by Linn Sorge, Hadley Instructor, please go to web site link https://www.hadley.edu/resources_list_detail.asp?resourceid=33
The Ten Commandments of Deaf-Blind Culture
- Follow this link to read a light-hearted version of the ten commandments.
- web link: http://db-fishbowl.com/10-commandments-db-culture